Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!

Happy 2012!  What a blessed day today is - the start of a new year!  We brought in the new year at church in a fun and God-filled way!  There is no other place I would have rather been!

I always love a fresh start and that's definitely what the new year promises us.  What we do with the new year is up to us.  I hope you plan on making the most of YOUR new year!

I enjoyed making these cards using the negative part of "2012" cut out from our exclusive Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge.  I cut out the letters and then used the remaining piece as a template.


I sponged a little bit of Sky Ink on the numbers and then used the snowflakes, stamped in Lagoon, to create the texture on the numbers.  A little saying and a few snowflakes later and I was done!  I love how simplistic, but beautiful these cards are!  I also made a few Christmas cards using this same process!




I must confess that while I came up with this idea about the 2012 card all on my own (LOL), the original idea, using this process was CASEd from Lisa Stenz!  I love her artwork!  (Click here to view her blog.)

Check back tomorrow for artwork using the Stamp of the Month.  I delayed that post today so I could wish you a Happy New Year first!

Here's to 2012...

1 comment:

  1. I love these, Melissa! So simple and sweet! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for showing me some blog love with your comments!