Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy 2014!

Click on the image for an enlarged view.
I found myself, a couple of weeks ago, writing the year 2003 on something I was dating.  I did not think twice about it until someone pointed it out to me.  For a moment, I truly thought, "There is no way it is 2013."  It was an odd, yet real moment for me when I came back to reality and realized it was 2013.  To think today marks the first day of 2014...  It seems like just a short time ago I was in high school, in college, getting married.  Nope.  All those events are long gone but I am thankful for the opportunity to make other notable milestones in my life.

Many great things happened for me in 2013 including being given an opportunity to be a Principal.  I have worked hard over the past years in order to achieve such a position and God granted me that opportunity last year.  Who knew He would have placed me an elementary school but I have loved every minute of it.  Talk about "out of the mouth of babes".  There is truly never a dull moment.  It has been a blessing, despite the many hours I have spent on the many tasks of the position.  I am thankful for the support and positive feedback I have received from faculty and staff and other district employees.  I am believing it will continue in 2014.

2013 also brought the loss of my Grandma Rita.  I think about her often and while I am sad and miss her, I am truly thankful for the almost 40 years I had her in my life.  She was definitely one-of-a-kind and holds a special place in my heart.
Photo taken July 2011.
Thanks for following me in 2013.  I look forward to sharing 2014 with you and wish you all the best this new year!  HAPPY NEW YEAR!

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year to you!! I get to see you this year! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for showing me some blog love with your comments!