Tuesday, January 21, 2014

You're Such a Hoot!

There is a reason behind the title...

Today I had a training in Las Cruces (NM) at the New Mexico Farm & Ranch Heritage Museum.  As we were walking back into the building from lunch, we saw these!  Can you see them?!
They are two, HUGE, Great Horned Owls!  You know I was totally excited when I saw them and had to whip out my camera (which I always carry, of course).  They were just chillin' up there.

At first I thought they were "fake" until...the one on the right moved his head and blinked his eyes.  It was totally awesome!  I have never seen a wild owl, just some in a zoo.  I could not wait to get home and blog about them and my photos.
Here is a good close-up.  Pretty cool, huh?
Give a hoot!  Don't pollute!  LOL  (Well, I needed a good closing that was appropriate for my post.)

8 comments:

  1. I'm sort of freaked out and entranced by them all at the same time. Owls are so neat. Glad you had your camera with you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Lydia! I agree! That word definitely described me today - "entranced". I just stood there watching them.

      Delete
  2. GREAT photos! They do look fake but because they're so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Katy! I had to go back to the same place today for a training and they were still there (or there again). :) This was the highlight of my week, thus far.

      Delete
  3. Second GHO I've seen online today. The other person said that if you see a GHO baby on the gorund, to leave it alone, the parents WILL guard it and teach it to fly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really, Joy? That's interesting and even more so that someone else posted about these beauties.

      Delete
  4. Love it! Don't know that I would have even noticed! Glad you did!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well...someone else noticed before me so I'm glad they did! :)

      Delete

Thanks for showing me some blog love with your comments!