Friday, October 3, 2014

Scared Silly

I enjoy the cuteness of Halloween and love these cute little guys included in the "Frightfully Fun" stamp set.  And...the sayings are adorable and non-frightening.  That is a bonus for me too.  :)
I was just sitting around wanting to create a little something using the Black Chevron paper contained in the Paper Fundamentals Basic Assortment and decided, "Oooh!  What if I colored the stripes?"  The paper does have a resist pattern that allows for some fun techniques so I did just that.  Alternating the color of the chevron patterns, this is what it ended up looking like.  Fun, right?  Can you imagine doing so with other color combinations for different themes?
I applied a little bit of Whisper ink to the inside of the mummy and ghost images for some added dimension.  I stamped the "scared silly" sentiment multiple times over the center square, using various coordinating ink pads, and adhered a strip of the Sunset Chevron Washi Tape to the top of the card.  I think I have slowly fallen in love with Washi Tape!  LOL  Yeah...I was not too impressed when washi tape first debuted but it is all the rage now and I have slowly begun incorporating it into my various projects.  It is so simple to use and easy to apply to any project.  Plus, you gotta love the patterns and beautiful colors!

Did you know Close To My Heart has a fun - and it is also cute - Washi Tape Dispenser?  Yep!  We sure do!  In fact, check out my blog post tomorrow with a fun video on how this dispenser is designed. Plus, it's just $6.95!  It would make a great gift or is perfect for fitting inside someone's stocking.
Here's wishing you a Happy Friday and fabulous plans for a wonderful weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for showing me some blog love with your comments!