Sunday, November 30, 2014

December SOTM Blog Hop - Cutie Pie

Welcome to our Blog Hop featuring "Cutie Pie", Close To My Heart's December Stamp of the Month.  There are over 60 of us participating so you are bound to see some inspirational creations.
If you are coming from Justine's Blog, you are on the right track.  A complete listing of participants can be found here if you were to get lost along the way.

I been really productive here recently, creating quite a few layouts - photos and journaling to come later (when I find the photos I want - lol) and am excited to share one of them with you today!  I created this layout using the Magic how-to book, "Mesmerize", which is found on page 34.
I incorporated the fun stickease from the Confetti Wishes Complements to create "clusters" using the fun cupcake images from the stamp set.  The "hey there, cupcake" saying made for the perfect title for this layout.
I colored the image using three Shin Han Markers - Carmine (red), Turquoise Blue, and Golden Yellow.  I LOVE 3-D Foam Tape which always allows me to add some dimension to my embellishments.  That simple addition gives any creation the perfect touch, really "popping" the items.
Here is a close-up of the right side of the layout, again with a fun cluster.
Because I was without my Peony Purple Marker at the time, I took out my Thistle ink pad and Blending Pen to color in the holder of the cupcake.  It works, right?!  :)  Flexibility is my thing!
I have created several other fun items using this stamp set that I will be showcasing over the month.  It's too yummy to pass up - oh, and perfect for your papercrafting projects, too!  This stamp set can be yours for just $5 with a qualifying order.

Please consider leaving a comment and then head on over to Michelle's Blog.  She always has such fun creations!

Happy hoppin'!

16 comments:

  1. Wow is right! So beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cupcakes go so wonderfully with the Confetti Wishes paper!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was a little panicked when I was at a retreat for the weekend, while creating, and realized I left my mandatory tools at home (including the markers)! Thankfully someone had some spares and then the Blending Pen did the trick for the one I didn't have! :)

      Delete
  3. What a fun layout! I love all the delicious details. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a pretty fun layout, Morgan! I love the paper packet and how colorful it is!

      Delete
  4. Great layering and embellishments!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for showing me some blog love with your comments!