Friday, March 20, 2015

Happy to Be Friends!

It just so happens that the sentiment of my card is the name of the stamp set I used, "Happy to Be Friends".  I loved the artwork samples I had seen with it but had not made the point to purchase it until recently.  
This was my first attempt at the "swag" and...I think my Mom would be proud.  (She is great at making real "swags"...  I can handle the stamped ones.  LOL)
I used Slate ink to stamp the swags - not wanting to incorporate green into this card.  I used Gypsy, Hollyhock and Thistle inks to incorporate the colors used in the challenge (shown below).  The flower images were so easy to stamp in between and over the swags.  "Happy to be friends" was stamped in Black ink and I added a little bit of Silver Shimmer Trim and Silver Sequins to finish it off.  I really like how it turned out.
 I used this sketch and color combo from the Fusion Card Challenge for my inspiration for this card.  I was able to choose either but I thought, why not, and gave them both a try!
I hope you like the result and Happy Friday!  Have a blessed day and gear up for a wonderful weekend!




All products used are from Close To My Heart.

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Melissa! So happy you joined in the fun @ FUSION - hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much! It was fun joining in, to stretch me a bit. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for showing me some blog love with your comments!