Thursday, March 19, 2015

Some Bunny Loves You!

This card was too fun to create and darling for this time of the year!  
I used the adorable stamp set, "Hopping By", for the stamped images.  The paper used comes from the Paper Fundamentals Whimsy Assortment.  One side of the paper has a glossy, embossed pattern.  (It does not always photograph well but I think you get the idea.)  I love the texture and variety it offers!
I paper-pieced the carrot and carrot-top.  What does paper-piecing mean?  It means I stamped the original image on a piece of White Daisy cardstock and then stamped it again on the Sunset B&T paper, from the Scaredy Cat Paper Packet, and cut it out.  I stamped the image...one more time...on Pear cardstock and cut out the leafy part.  I glued both pieces on the original stamped image and this was the result.  I used ShinHan markers to color in the rest of the image.  While paper-piecing takes a little bit of time...it sure is worth it!  Try it and let me know what you think!

A scalloped circle cut out of Pear cardstock, and some white accents and I was done!  Because of the glossy texture of the paper, I did stamp the sentiment in Archival Black Ink and allows for it to dry.
I used this sketch from Freshly Made Sketches - #178 to design this card.  Totally love when I have a point of inspiration.  
I hope you enjoy the card.  Feel free to shop on my website if you need some supplies to create handmade Easter/Spring cards!  Click HERE to be directed there.

Happy Thursday!

4 comments:

  1. Totally adorable in every way! Love it! Glad you joined us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for saying so, Linda! I enjoy playing along when I can!

      Delete
  2. Great card Melissa! I love that sweet rabbit in his carrot car! So cute! Perfect for Easter! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your sweet comment, Jen. It is appreciated!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for showing me some blog love with your comments!