Friday, April 15, 2016

Technique Blog Hop - Resisting Can Be Fun

Welcome to this month's Technique Blog Hop where we are featuring the "resist" technique.  There are various types out there and participants had their choice!  It will be interesting and fun to see what everyone created.

If you are coming from Helen's Blog, you are on the right track.  I am the start of this hop and a link to all the participant's blogs are provided at the end of this post if you were to get lost along the way.  Now...let's get started, shall we?!  

This is the fun and colorful card I created.  I incorporated the April Stamp of the Month, "Life in Pictures".  It has a lot of camera designs and cute sentiments and can be yours for $5.  You can find more details by clicking here.  There is nothing too fancy on the card, just a bit of Black & Gold Ribbon and three Gold Sequins.  I did use ShinHan Markers to color in the camera image and did pop it up with 3-D Foam Tape.  The "resist" part comes into play with "smile".  Let me show you how I did this...
Using the Fundamentals Sticker Assortment, I pulled the letters from different words on the sheet to spell "smile".  I was able to use different fonts to form the word which was pretty cool.
Then, I took a Sponge Dauber and applied Poppy Ink over and around the stickers.
Carefully removing the stickers, I was left with this and then designed the rest of the card around it!  Too cool, right?!  It was totally fun and simple and I cannot wait to do so again for another card!  You could also use a Cricut design program and cut a stencil of the letters and use the negative of the cut to do the same.  That would make the letters be sponged and not the area around it.  It allows for another possibility so give it a try!
If you learned something new today, or if you just want to let me know what you think of my creation, please leave a comment before heading over to Wendy's Blog to see what fun she has to showcase!  Thanks again for stopping by.

Be sure to...Make it From YOUR Heart!
Here is a list of the participants:
  1. Melissa Robinson *YOU ARE HERE*
  2. Wendy Kessler
  3. Catherine Nowak
  4. Priscilla Gotham
  5. Darlys Recker
  6. Haley Dyer
  7. Kirsten Jade
  8. Tammy Lubick
  9. Cathy Bufano
  10. Belinda McLane
  11. Michelle Loncar
  12. Tonya Whitehurst
  13. Helen Gullett

5 comments:

  1. Melissa, that is one cool card with this fun technique! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the bold title! What a great way to use this technique because it turned out so clean and crisp!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the bold "smile"! Great card with such fun colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a cool idea! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for showing me some blog love with your comments!