Sunday, May 5, 2013

"Art with an Attitude" Blog Hop

I am thrilled to be a team member of "Stampers with an Attitude", through Close To My Heart, and was invited to participate in a blog hop with fellow teammates.  There's no better way to cap off Cinco de Mayo than with some inspiring artwork made with Close To My Heart products.

If you are coming from Angela's Craft Closet, you are on the right track!  The hop is one big circle so keep "hoppin" along to see some fabulous creations.

I am sharing two items that I have recently created, both using the fabulous and ever-so-popular "Dream Pop" paper packet.  If you know me very well, you know I like bright, cheery and summer-like colors so this paper packet is right up my alley!  It is an exclusive paper pack available only through the end of May (or while supplies last) through Close To My Heart.

This first creation is our My Creations Kraft Container which measures 5 3/4" x 3" - much bigger than I imagined - and is perfect for filling with any type of goodie.  In fact, it is it tall enough to fit your favorite pens and pencils.  (Another little thing about me...I am addicted to CUTE pens and pencils so it would be the perfect place to "hide" them so nobody else uses them.  LOL  Did I just say that?)
I'm also addicted to this fabulous flower pattern made from our exclusive Cricut Art Philosophy Cartridge.  I started at size 1 3/4" and reduced it in size, two times, by 1/4".  A little bling and some glitter and it makes for a cute container!  Oh!  I also love the saying that I used which is contained on one of the sheets of paper, "Do what you love and love what you do."  That describes me to a "C" (lol) in regards to Close To My Heart that is.  

My second creation is this greet card.  The flowers and scallop trim were also cut with our Cricut Cartridge but this time with Artiste.  (Currently we have two exclusive Cricut Cartridges.)
Thanks for taking the time to stop by.  I would love for you to leave a comment if you feel led to do so.  Now, "hop" on over to Scrapper's Therapy where you will find some fun artwork by Amber.

And a HUGE THANK YOU to Melinda Everitt for coordinating this swap!

Enjoy a wonderful week!



7 comments:

  1. Beautiful work Melissa! Love this paper pack and its versatility, tfs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous gift/container package Melissa. Great colors with the Dream Pop paper pack. I probably need to make something to hide my sharpies....some little elf takes them at my house all the time.
    Your card is great too. So bright and vibrant.
    Thanks for sharing and joining the group with the blog hop.
    Happily Scrapbooking & Crafting My Memories~S'andra V.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melissa, very pretty craft container. Love how you paired the Dream Pop mint paper with the bright pink flower and the added embellishments added elegance to it. I want one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Kraft Container is one of my favs! Super cute!! Your card is great too - using black as an accent is awesome; need to try that

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful...love the container!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love what you have done with the Dream Pop papers! I am like you Melissa, love bright/bold colors! I am already on my 3rd pack of these fabulous papers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Kraft container is super cute :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for showing me some blog love with your comments!