Tuesday, September 30, 2014

October Stamp of the Month Blog Hop - Home for the Holidays

There are 73 Close To My Heart Consultants participating in this Blog Hop showcasing the October Stamp of the Month, "Home for the Holidays".  It can be yours during the month of October for just $5 with a qualifying purchase.  You can find more details here.
If you are coming from Dawn's Blog, you are on the right track!  If you get lost along the way please visit Adeline's Blog for a complete listing of participants.

I had fun making this card and believe it or not, it came together - from start to finish - in about 10 minutes!  I was so proud of myself!  I used some of our Paper Fundamentals Whimsy Assortment for the two Glacier pieces of paper included on both sides of the card.  I reversed the pieces.  The texture on the far pieces are not visible in these photos but they contain the same pattern as seen on the other strip of paper but it has a wet-embossed look.  It really is too fun.  These papers have two sides and both provide different options for your artwork.
I could not resist adding some Silver Shimmer Trim and a few embellishments items to include: Slate Baker's Twine, Clear Bitty Sparkles (placed on the snowflakes), Black Bitty Sparkles (for his eyes), and one Blue Epoxy Bubble for one final touch.  (I did include the "Happy Holidays" sentiment from the Holiday Tags stamp set.)
It was fun using non-typical Christmas colors for the card and I am pleased how it came out.  I hope you like it too!  Here is a close-up of the embellishments for a different view.
I appreciate you stopping by and hope you will leave a comment before hopping over to Casandra's Blog.  Have fun checking out all the fun artwork showcasing this exclusive stamp set!  Enjoy the rest of your week!

Happy hoppin'!


14 comments:

  1. This is so pretty. I love the combination of blue and silver.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Casandra. I tend to gravitate to the traditional Christmas colors most of the time.

      Delete
  2. I love this combo as well and that little bear is a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I agree, Adeline (about the cutie). Thank you!

      Delete
  3. Super cute, I like the silver sparkle trim you added

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's an addiction, Lela. I love me some Shimmer Trim - in any color. :)

      Delete
  4. looks great with the paper fundamental's and glitter trim :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. great colour combination! Love seeing the different colours used.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute, love the shimmer trim to frame the card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Michelle. I felt it added a special touch to it.

      Delete

Thanks for showing me some blog love with your comments!