Saturday, February 28, 2015

March Stamp of the Month - Choose Happy

This month we are highlighting the March Stamp of the Month, Choose Happy.  It has some beautiful frames, cute sayings, and a fun border and it can be yours for just $5 with a qualifying purchase!
If you are coming from Melinda's Blog, you are on the right track.  You can find a complete listing of participants at Adeline's Blog, should you get lost along the way.

I used a pattern from the Make It From Your Heart Volume 1 book to create my card.  I wanted something simple that would not detract from the beautiful frame.  I stamped it in black ink and used the ShinHan colors to make it coordinate with the Zip Strip (the chevron piece of paper) that came from the Brushed paper packet.  The Gold Shimmer Trim just added a little sparkle as did the Clear Sparkles.
I random-stamped the background with an exclusive stamp set called Budding Springtime (shown below).  You can only get one of these exclusives from a Consultant.  (Contact me to find out how you can get one of your own as they are only available through March 31st.)
This is the exclusive stamp set used for the background, stamped tone on tone to the Pixie cardstock with Pixie ink.
Hop on over to Sheila's Blog and see what fun creation she has in store for you.

Happy hoppin'!

25 comments:

  1. Lovely card. I especially like the tone on tone random stamping.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Darlys. Sometimes that's just a little added something that makes the difference. :)

      Delete
  2. I love the addition of bling to the frame..."A little bling never hurt anything!'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! Love your saying, papercraftingprincess. I'll have to use that in the future!

      Delete
  3. Bling makes everything better.....love the coloring on the frame and the card is striking, like the tone on tone stamping.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure does, Michelle! Thank you for your kind comments! I was proud of my creation!

      Delete
  4. The coloring on the frame is great

    ReplyDelete
  5. sooo cute and love the random stamping.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card!! Love that you turned that frame sideways! I would've only thought to use it upright!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Pam! That's about as out-of-the-box as I get sometimes! LOL

      Delete
  7. I love how you paired both stamp sets to make that pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card, and that background stamping really makes all the other elements shine through too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes a little random stamping is all the project needs, Lauren!

      Delete
  9. Pretty card. Like all the colors and textures, and especially how you colored the frame.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Appreciative, Sheila! Thanks so much for saying so!

      Delete
  10. Beautiful card Melissa!! I love everything about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute card. I like how you have the frame positioned. I keep looking at it vertical. I like it horizontal.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for showing me some blog love with your comments!