Tuesday, September 1, 2015

September Stamp of the Month Blog Hop - Paper Garden

WELCOME to our blog hop where we are featuring the September Stamp of the Month, "Paper Garden".  This stamp set has 10 beautiful images and I am excited to see what creativity has sparked the blog hop participants.  This stamp set is yours for just $5 this month, with a qualifying purchase.  The images outlined in red are those cut from our new Artistry Cricut Collection.
If you are coming from Beth's Blog, you are on the right track.  You can find a complete list of participants by clicking HERE.

Our new Watercolor Paints have become one of my new favorite products, among many others.  While I was a little intimidated with them at first, I have explored their potential just a tad.  Unsure what I wanted to do with this stamp set, I decided to stamp the image in Whisper ink (this is a technique I had seen mentioned in a group for CTMH Consultants).  Then, I took the watercolors and painted over the images.  I allowed the watercolors to dictate the color scheme of the rest of the card and incorporated Thistle, Slate, and Black cardstock.  The images were stamped on Colonial White cardstock.
I added the sentiment, stamped in Black, and some Thistle Glacier Twine to finish off the card.  I like the soft visual look this card has which can serve many occasions.  I hope you like it too!  

As always, thank you for stopping by and head on over to Michelle's Blog to see what she has created with this stamp set.  

Happy hoppin'!

25 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I plan to try the Whisper Ink technique as soon as I find my stamp set (or when the replacement order arrives).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Thanks for the great tip on a way to use the watercolors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. Thanks for sharing a new way to use watercolors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card! Thanks for sharing the Whisper Ink technique--I had not heard of that before.
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty card -- will be trying this whisper ink technique soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the tip about how to paint an image using Whisper ink and the watercolour paints... was wondering how to do this. Your card looks terrific!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally cool, huh? Would have never thought to try that myself. Lol

      Delete
  7. i recieve your newsletter and got so frustrated that i couldn't find a place to tell you thanks for all of the details you shared in how you made this card. thank you. i love your creativity and look to you for inspiration when i am blocked. no way i will be feeling blocked with this sotm and this blog hop on my side. happy days

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww...thank you, Lee! You don't know how much your message blesses me. I appreciate you taking the time to share so.

      Delete
  8. What a beautiful card Melissa!! ...and thanks for telling us how you created it...I definitely want to try out this new technique now! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are totally welcome! Go for it! You will love it too.

      Delete
  9. This is lovely - thanks for the how to!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This has turned out gorgeous- what a great way to showcase the stunning floral stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the colors, the flowers look very delicate. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh how beautiful! Such fresh and soothing colors! Love it....!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for blessing me with your comment, Kim. I am totally appreciative.

      Delete

Thanks for showing me some blog love with your comments!