Thursday, June 30, 2011

The July Stamp of the Month Blog Hop is HERE!

Welcome to our Stamp of the Month Blog Hop! We are featuring the July Stamp of the Month (SOTM), "American Celebration", a set of 12 images.
If you have come here from Georgia's Blog you are on the right path! The blog hop is a great big circle, so you can start here and work your way all around. If you get lost along the way, you’ll find the complete list of participating consultants here.

This month we have approximately 53 Close To My Heart Consultants sharing their creations using this month's SOTM and other great CTMH products on their blogs. This is simple to do - just click on the link at the end of the post on each blog to move to the next one! Here we go!

This stamp set is absolutely adorable and I love how patriotic it is!  It is definitely fitting for this time of the year as we approach Independence Day but several of the images are cute to use for other occasions throughout the year.  I am sure their versatility will be shown throughout the hop but for my artwork, I chose to stay with the red, white, and blue...

For those who have been around me lately, they know I have been struggling with the technique of Paper Pleating.  In fact, it's caused quite a bit of laughter.  I have used up enough paper trying to figure it out and had finally given up - at least for the time being.  Thanks to the Splitcoaststampers website, I was able to locate some directions for this technique and incorporated it into this card.  And I must say...after following these directions, I determined that this technique is super easy and super cute!  I will be incorporating it into other pieces of artwork in the near future.  

I also incorporated a little bit of paper-piecing and used our 3-D Foam Tape to add dimension to some images.  The White Hemp and blue button were just finishing pieces to this standard-size card.

Now "Hop" on over to Michelle's Blog to see her work! Be sure to visit all the Consultants at their Blogs to get some great crafting ideas and other fun ideas! Remember, the SOTM is only available until the end of July, 2011! Click here to see how you can get this stamp set at a discount or even free! I have additional samples viewable on my website! Click here to view them!

Supply list: American Celebration stamp set, Fanfare paper packet, Pacifica ink,  Sky ink, Cranberry ink, White brads, Stylus, White Hemp, Blue Button, 3-D Foam Tape.

HAPPY HOPPIN'!

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for super easy pleating directions. I too have wasted a lot of good Fanfare paper! Love your design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been working on pleating lately too, can't figure out how to not make it too bulky though? Your card looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE paper pleating! Tip for not making it bulky...have the pleat that gets tucked under be small, it's an illusion type thing. Plus, use LOTS of adhesive to keep the pleats tucked.

    Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Melissa, I love the pleating! Awesome card!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card! Good luck with your pleating!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for showing me some blog love with your comments!