Monday, April 3, 2017

Heart 2 Heart Challenge: April Showers

This week's Heart 2 Heart Challenge theme is "April Showers". Not having a current Close To My Heart stamp set that I felt aligned with this theme, I decided to go with the good ol' Cricut. Plus, this card was quick and easy to whip together.
The cardstock colors pink and blue are Blossom and Crystal Blue, respectively. The patterned paper used for the umbrella is the sprinkles sheet from Sugar Rush and the grey, diamond paper is from Hello Lovely. (The clouds were cut on White Daisy cardstock.) I did ink distress the rain drop and clouds using Crystal Blue ink

These are the pieces cut from the Cricut Collection, Artistry, to create the focal point as referenced above. I have provided a link to the Design Space file for you, at the end of this post, making it easy for you to duplicate.
To create this card, I set the Cricut cut, for the raindrop, at 4" in height (allowing the width to adjust itself accordingly). I cut the whole rain drop image, with the umbrella cuts behind it. 
I used the "Here from You" stamp set, included with this cardmaking kit (and only available while supplies last or through the end of April 2017). It's totally precious. I love the card designs that came with the kit as well as the opportunity to use this stamp set for other purposes. The flowers, which I have used on other creations, are too fun!
With just a portion of the sentiment fitting on the cloud on the card front, I was sure to include the rest of the message on the inside of the card. 

I look forward to you joining the Heart 2 Heart Challenge this week. Be sure to incorporate Close To My Heart products in your design! 

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today. Here is the link to the Design Space File. If you take it to use, please let me know. I would love to know if this is something you would enjoy me providing in the future. 

Have a blessed week!

1 comment:

Thanks for showing me some blog love with your comments!