Thursday, May 24, 2018

In Any CASE...with Melinda & Melissa

Welcome to...
Join us twice a month as we CASE, “Copy And Selectively Edit”, artwork created by the Art Department of Close To My Heart as showcased in the current Idea Books and our Make It From Your Heart How-To Books.

On the 2nd and 4th Thursday of each month, at 7 pm CST, we will direct you towards a piece of art and recreate it using the exact products or others that compliment its initial design. Tips, techniques and assembly directions will be shared in detail to help you recreate them on your own.

As you reproduce the items we have shared, post them on social media using the hashtag #ctmhinanycase. We will randomly search that hashtag and reward those who CASE our items. Winners will be announced on our blogs so be sure to follow us!

********************************************************************************

Today I am CASEing the fun card pictured in the middle of this image, found on page 48 of the current Seasonal Expressions 2 Idea Book. 
The artwork on this image, and the one I recreated, are made using this Documented - Cardmaking stamp set. It can be purchased with or without the coordinating Thin Cuts. I love the floral images and especially the sentiments. They totally make me LOL. 
Here is my version of the card. While I don't own a sewing machine, so don't sew on my artwork (although I would love to), it is missing that element.

🎨DESIGN TIPS:
I left 1/2" uncovered on the bottom of the card and did use the Pansy patterned paper, from Documented, rather than what was shown in the CTMH artwork. The top, grey patterned paper measures 3" x 4 1/4". The striped paper is 1 1/2" tall on the left side and 2" tall on the right side. I marked those measurements with a pencil and then trimmed it diagonally using my paper trimmer

The floral images were colored with Watercolor Pencils and some cute Documented Dots were added for some fun accents. To create the texture on the circle containing the focal point, it was stamped, in Charcoal ink, on the largest Stitched Circle - Thin Cuts

This is a simple, yet attractive card, that was fun to assemble. 
Now head on over to Melinda's Blog. She's my partner in CASEing and has reproduced this fun greeting card using one of our newest Thin Cuts.

We both appreciate you stopping by and look forward to seeing  you again on the 2nd Thursday of June for the next episode of "In Any CASE".

Enjoy the rest of the week!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for showing me some blog love with your comments!