Monday, May 17, 2021

Sponging Heart 2 Heart Challenge

This week at Heart 2 Heart, we are featuring "Sponging" as a Technique. You can incoprorate it however you'd like, into your artwork, as long as you incorporate at least one Close To My Heart product in your creation. 


As far as the sponging is concerned, I cut out the ice cream and cupcake images, on White Daisy cardstock,  Then, using Mustard Seed (yellow) and Picked Raspberry (turquoise) Distress Oxide Inks, I sponged the respective areas. To create a little texture, I then spritzed them and allowed them to dry completely. 

Once that was the case, I stamped the outline of the images in Espresso Ink. To create the texture on the cone, I stamped the image onto Toffee cardstock, used the Thin Cut again, and then fussy-cut around the upper portion so I could glue it down as shown. I did the same process with the cupcake holder. I did sponge the Peacock Feathers Distress Oxide Ink on top of the heart patterned paper that comes from the May/June Mix-Ins Paper Packet

The adorable ice cream cone and cupcake is from the Dessert a la Whirl Stamp + Thin Cuts set. It was on the top of my list from the NEW May/June Idea Book. (You can get one FREE with a purchase of any size or you can view the digital version through the link.)


While better viewed in the top photo, I did use Lemonade ink to stamp the confetti image on the Lemonade cardstock to create some tone-on-tone texture. You can more clearly see the effects of the spritzing. I love the distressed look it creates. The "You are so sweet" sentiment was perfect for stamping on the Stitched Scalloped Bracket Thin Cut. Of course, I couldn't resist adding in a little bit of Thin 3-D Foam Tape, for added dimension, while also adding a White Dot colored with the Dark Red Blend Marker, and adding a bit of Silver Embellishing Thread

The paper is from the Party Time Collection. I LOVE the vibrant and polka dot patterns that definitely create happy! 

To participate in the Sponging Technique Challenge, create your artwork and then link up to us at Heart 2 Heart. You'll find the link option at the bottom of the related post. We always enjoy seeing what you have to share with us so consider joining the fun!

Make it a GREAT week!



1 comment:

Thanks for showing me some blog love with your comments!