Saturday, May 14, 2011

Paper Piecing Blog Hop

Welcome to our Technique Blog Hop!  This month there are 13 of us highlighting the “Paper Piecing” Technique as shown on page 27 in the Spring/Summer 2011 Idea Book!  This blog hop is a great big circle so you can start wherever you want and continue through to see all the fabulous artwork incorporating this technique.  If you would like to start from the beginning, please visit this link.  While there you will also find a listing of all participants and their blog addresses if you should get lost or want to reference a blog along the way.  Let’s get started!

If you are coming from Kelly's Blog, you are on the right track!  This technique is highlighted with the Mayberry paper packet in the Idea Book but you will find variations for its’ use through this hop.  

I received a surprise graduation announcement in my mailbox the other day - one from (now) a young man who refers to me as "his first crush" (lol) - a little boy I used to entertain when his grandparents visited my family a long time ago...  I was honored to be thought of and his grandpa's note, with the card, made me smile.  I decided to use this opportunity to make him a card incorporating this month's technique.
I have had this stamp set, "You did it", for awhile but had yet to make a card with it until now.  It totally screamed "paper piecing" to me!  I stamped the cap and diploma first in Pacifica cardstock and then again in Cranberry.  I cut out just the accent parts from the Cranberry images and glued them in the appropriate spots.  I stamped the "Top of the Class" sentiment in black ink on White cardstock and then did so again on Pacifica.  I cut out the "ribbon" portion of the image, from Pacifica, and glued it on the white image.  

I love how the card came out - cute but still appropriate for a graduating, male senior.  I know it will be a surprise for Matthew to receive this card from me.  To add the sentiment of "You did it!", I first distressed the Black cardstock - exposing some of the white core.  I'm pleased with the card and hope he enjoys it!

If you would like to see details on the technique or my supply list, please continue reading below.  If not, please continue onto Rebecca's Blog where you will find some additional artwork highlighting this technique!  Be sure to leave a comment and let me know what you thought of my variation and...happy hopping!

Supply List:  C1351 You Did It, Fanfare Level 2 paper packet, Black Ink, Black Cardstock.
This is an image of the stamp set provided with a sample included on my website.

Thanks for stopping by!  Continue onto Rebecca's Blog to continue the hop!

5 comments:

  1. Great way to customize a graduation card for the graduate! I'm sure he'll treasure it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very fun card for any graduate! I love the color combo :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much, Ladies. I was pretty pleased with it myself. :0) Maybe I'll make a few more for some of my Seniors.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for showing me some blog love with your comments!