Monday, June 8, 2020

June Blog with Friends

Welcome to "Blog with Friends" where I am joined by four blogger friends who are sharing posts aligned with the theme of "Name Your Poison". 

In quick-thought, the term "poison" reflects something not so good for me (LOL). I looked up originations of the phrase and found some variations, some which are very different. I am choosing to interpret it in way of a positive repeated "enjoyment" - or two (rather than using the term "addiction" LOL). That makes me feel better. 


During these times, I am more mindful of what is "essential". I am eager to have a spa day and especially, am wanting to get my nails done. However, while I choose to still tread that carefully at this time, I figured a little papercrafting fix, aligned with my thoughts, would provide some quality therapy and I created this 6" x 8" scrapbook page! I absolutely love it and hope you do as well! 


Check out ALL the fun images included in this exclusive stamp set called, "Spa Day". Aren't they adorable?! I could not resist creating with it! 

It is a Hostess-exclusive stamp set which means you can get this one (or two other awesome stamp sets) when you host a party with me this month! (Contact me with your questions or you can find additional information by visiting this link.)

 
I wanted you to see the details of this page through this close-up view.

I did some "paper-piecing" (a technique) on her robe by stamping the girl image on both white cardstock, which I colored, and then again on the peach striped paper. I carefully cut out the pieces of the striped robe and then glued them on top of the base image which resulted in this. Don't you love it?! 

Stickles were added to her head-band to make them shine and the Peach Shimmer Brush was added on top of "Spa day" (not well-reflected in the image, but it does have some sparkle to it). The accents in the bottom left-hand of the photo spot were colored in with Alcohol Markers.  

I was really pleased with how this page turned out. It makes me smile when I see it! 

If you would like to host a party, or want to learn more, let me know! 


Now...it's time to go check out my friends' posts! You'll find their images and links below. Be sure to leave us some blog love when you do! 







2 comments:

  1. Yes, a spa day is exactly what we all need right about now. Well, that and a papercrafting fix. Love the design of this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful! You're always so awesome at tweaking and making them your own.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for showing me some blog love with your comments!