Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Create Your Own Patterned Paper

As you know, our National Close To My Heart Convention was held at the Disneyland Hotel just a couple of weeks ago.  One of the fun traditions of the event is creating gifts for team members.  It is not always the easiest to decide on what to make since there are so many ideas swirling out there.  Over the past few years, I have created a layout, perfect for preserving our fun memories of our time together.

I was not sure how I was going to accomplish the Disney theme with our current product line and woke up one morning with a fabulous idea:  Why not create my own patterned paper?  So...I did...
In order not to infringe on any copyright policies, I designed the Mickey image out of three circles and then copy and pasted them all over a Word document.  I cut my Cranberry cardstock to 8 1/2" x 11", put it through the printer and this was the result!   I used a layout out of our Imagine How-To book and chopped up my papers to create these two pages!
The Convention title was cut using the Cricut and our Artiste cartridge.  I stamped 2014 using our White Daisy Exclusive Ink Pad - making sure to give it plenty of time to dry - and added some Red Glimmer Trim for a finishing touch.
They seemed to have been well-received and I enjoyed making them!

Awaiting the rain in southwest New Mexico and going to create the night away!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for showing me some blog love with your comments!