Thursday, May 28, 2015

You're So Kind (Bokeh Technique)

The Bokeh Technique is all the rage right now and so I thought I would give it a try last weekend.  I haven't perfected the blending but I still like how this card came out.
I used Canary and Cotton Candy ink, applying the ink with a Sponge Dauber.  Then I cut a template, with several circles, using some circle punches, and sponged on White Daisy Ink (also using daubers).  I applied several coats of the White Daisy ink to give some different hues and for it to stand out.  (I love the White Daisy pad for various reasons.)

I stamped the butterfly from the Paper Bird stamp set and then outlined it with a Journaling Pen.  Both the butterfly and sentiment were stamped in Black Ink but after the background was allowed to dry completely.  (The Paper Bird stamp set is only available as a hostess item.  You can get it when you collect and/or place a $150 order.  Contact me if you're interested and I will do what I can to help you earn it.)  It really is a fun stamp!
The polka dot paper is from the Brushed paper pack and I love it!  I added some Pixie Extra Thick Twine to finish it off.  I am definitely going to continue to play with this technique and will share when I do.

If you aren't familiar with the bokeh technique, search it on YouTube and you will find some great tutorials there.

Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for showing me some blog love with your comments!