Thursday, November 5, 2015

CTMH Paper Blog Hop - White Pines

Thank you for joining my team and I for a Blog Hop featuring the beautiful and festive paper pack, "White Pines".  It is our Christmas paper pack for this year but also offers a lot of versatility with several of the patterned papers.  (The pattern in the bottom left...gorgeous and fun.  This photo definitely doesn't do it justice.)
If you are coming from Sheila's Blog, you are on the right track.  You can find a complete list of participants, and links to their blogs, at the end of this post.  Let's get started, shall we?!

This month I decided to create a home decor item.  I have admired this Hinged Frame Tray for quite some time, finally purchased one, and it has been sitting around since.  (Don't tell anyone I told you that.  LOL)  So it was time to pull it out of its' packaging and create something so here you go!  The tray actually folds up into a a 5" x 7" size so it would be easy to decorate, pack and wrap (and ship, if necessary).  
 While I chose to use the White Pines Picture My Life (aka PML) Scrapbooking Program to decorate the frame, you could definitely include some of your favorite photos instead.  Here is a view of some of the cards included in this program.  The awesome thing about them is they are double-sided with one side containing a vertical design and the other, the same design but horizontal.  Isn't that awesome?  It allows for a lot of flexibility.
Let's take a closer look at the two sides of this frame.  Here is the left side.  Several of the embellishments included (the snowflakes, raccoon, ornaments, and Dec 25 image in this photo) came from the White Pines Complements.  This product item includes two, 6" x 6" coordinating sticker sheets, assorted kraft die-cuts and assorted thick plastic die-cuts that are see-through.  I did stamp "Happy Holidays" using an image from the Workshop on the Go White Pines Cardmaking Kit.
On this right side of the frame, the Merry Christmas card comes without color.  I used the ShinHan Markers to color in the images.  It was fun and hope we get more cards like this in the future!  The NOEL banner...I cut it out of one of the other cards and then made it 3-D here with some Foam Tape.  The deer came from the kraft die cuts and I just chose to add him on the front of the frame.
As I was uploading my photos, I recognized that I could definitely add some bling to some various areas and will be doing so.  In fact, why don't you offer me some suggestions on where I can bling up this frame with Close To My Heart embellishments?  I would love to hear from you!

Hop on over to Melissa David's Blog.  She always comes up with something fun!

Thanks for hopping with us and have a wonderful weekend!




List of participants:
  1. Melissa Robinson *YOU ARE HERE*
  2. Melissa David
  3. Tonya Whitehurst
  4. Katy Taylor
  5. Aggie Peters
  6. Sheila Wilkerson 

3 comments:

  1. Soooooo wonderful!!! I always forget to use these hinged frames as decoration pieces! LOVE that you used the PML cards to make it CUTE and easy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like these hinged frames. Great idea for Grandparent gifts!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for showing me some blog love with your comments!