Sunday, February 28, 2016

Stampers with an Attitude Blog Hop - Penelope/Boxes

Welcome to our Blog Hop where we are featuring artwork focused on the Penelope product line or on "boxes".  The "boxes" interpretation is unlimited with the wide range of options we have, especially with our exclusive Cricut Collections, although I chose to head a different direction with that theme.

If you are coming from Melinda's Blog, you are on the right track.  Should you get lost along the way, you can find a complete list of participants by clicking here.

Without stepping much outside of the box (hee hee), I decided to break open a pack of the Cupcake Boxes.  I have eyed them since they were contained in the Idea Book, finally ordered them, and now saw the opportunity to decorate one and put it to good use so I did just that.  This is how the boxes look empty.  You get two boxes that measure 4" on each side with a clear, plastic window, perfect for displaying a treat.  They are very easy to assemble.
Recently purchasing the "Friend in Me" stamp set (pictured below), I decided to use it to decorate the box.  I stamped the floral and leaf images and colored them in with the ShinHan Markers.  I love the bright and vibrant look of the colored images.
Here is the fabulous Friend in Me stamp set that can be used well beyond sisters and friends.  The floral images are, of course, perfect for springtime.  This is definitely a new and favorite stamp set of mine.
Here is a side view of the box so you can see its dimension.  Besides cupcakes, you can put other delicious treats - even contained within a clear bag inside - or you can also make small cards to place inside.  Do not limit yourself by the title of these boxes but I definitely needed a reason to buy a cupcake and make sure it fit inside.  ;)
Would love to hear what other ideas you have for box contents so post them in a comment.  I love hearing from you!

Now head on over to Cat's Blog.  I know you will love what she created!

Happy hoppin',

10 comments:

  1. Did you fussy cut those flowers? Beautiful job! Love your box.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did. Thank you very much for saying so! I don't mind the fussy cutting. :)

      Delete
  2. The flowers are so vibrant, the really make this box special

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous box ~ love it with those beautiful flowers. Do we really need an excuse to buy a cupcake ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess not other than when I am trying to eat better. LOL But a treat never hurts, right? Thank you, Catherine!

      Delete
  4. Love this stamp set and the way you used the flowers. I need it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorably decorated with your new stamps! Thanks for sharing other uses for the boxes!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for showing me some blog love with your comments!