Monday, October 12, 2020

"Stencil It" Heart 2 Heart Challenge

Welcome to this week's Heart 2 Heart Challenge where we are creating artwork using stencils, hence the title of "Stencil It"! 

Consider linking up to the challenge on the H2H Blog, being sure to incorporate Close To My Heart products in your creation. We would love to see how you use stencils; there are so many fun ways to do so.


Below you will see the process used to create this beautiful background. It was made using Oxide Inks and Mini Foam Tools (currently unavailable). By layering it onto the cardstock and adding a stamped sentiment and Silver Glitter Gems, it resulted in this simple card.
This is the stencil pack I purchase which contains the heart pattern.  Stencil Pack 1 comes with these three fabulous designs in 12" x 12" reusable plastic stencils. You can use a variety of techniques that result in great artwork.


Using Picked Raspberry, Candied Apple and Mustard Seed (currently unavailable) Oxide Inks, I applied ink onto the stencil which colored in the exposed hearts. This messy look then resulted in this... 


It created this fun background that I then trimmed down and added a few elements to make this simple greeting card. I love how quick and easy this came together for a fun and soft look. I think I may be falling in love with Oxide inks. :) 

Because they have been so popular since arriving in the warehouse, we are limited on colors at this present time. I will be sure to let my customers know, in our exclusive Customer Group, when the others come back in stock. They are definitely something you will want to try! They are so fun and provide for such awesome results! 

Join the Heart 2 Heart Challenge that lasts through the end of the month! We'd love to see what you have to share! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for showing me some blog love with your comments!