Monday, July 5, 2021

"It's a Banner Day" Heart 2 Heart Challenge

It's the first full week of July and I hope it is off to a great start for you. I pray you enjoyed a safe and enjoyable holiday weekend (in the USA)! 

The first challenge for Heart 2 Heart is called, "It's a Banner Day". 4th of July/Independence Day jumped at me immediately, as an obvious connection, but I decided to head a different direction with my creation. 


I recalled a card sketch, in from the How-To Book, "Make It From Your Heart, Volume 4", Pattern 1, that has banners. (I pretty much duplicated the sketch.) Of course, it was perfect for the theme. 😉



I recently purchased the "On Your Birthday" 🎂 stamp set (D1960) and appreciate the sentiments included on it. I couldn't resist adding a little Flamingo Shimmer Brush to it, for some added color and sparkle. The stitched image is from the "Scrappy Lady" (D2027) stamp set. I love the look it provided, without having to draw my own stitches. 


While "Hillside Cottage" products items were highlighted in the May/June Supplement, which has now retired, there are still product items available (while supplies last). Get them while you can!


Blue Belle Glitter Gems were added for some sparkle. (Don't forget, Blue Belle will retire at the end of August, when we welcome in a new Color of the Year on September 1st.)

I ❤️ when a card design can come together so easily, especially using scraps, and still serve a great purpose. 

Consider linking up to us for this Heart 2 Heart Challenge. We love seeing what you have to share with us. Be sure to incorporate at least one Close To My Heart product in your creation, when you do.

Make it a GREAT month!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for showing me some blog love with your comments!