Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Technique Hop: Embossing Folders

This month some fellow Close To My Heart Consultants and I are highlighting our NEW Embossing Folders.  You can choose from five patterns and I must tell you...they are TOP QUALITY!  Click here to see them all.

If you are coming from Judy Faye's Blog, you are on the right track!  You can find a list of the blog participants by clicking here.  Now...keep scrolling to see what I have designed for this hop.
I decided to use the Chevron Embossing Folder as a focal point for my artwork item.  I covered a 5" x 8" notepad as a fun gift for a lady at work.  I used the pattern idea found on this blog - http://jentapler.blogspot.com/2008/04/nifty-notepad.html - to create the cover for my notepad.  I adjusted it to have appropriate directions for the larger notepad.  (Measurements will be provided on a post later this week.)  I love how the pen holder is attached and part of the pattern.
This is the inside of the notepad.  You have to be sure to cover the not-so-pretty top area with some B&T paper that coordinates, of course!

Thank you for taking the time to stop by.  Now, please visit Shirley's Blog to see what fun creation she has designed.  I would love for you to leave a comment before you do so!

Happy hoppin'!

7 comments:

  1. Love it! The embossing is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous- I love how you placed everything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea! I am sure she will love receiving it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your sweet comments, ladies! They are truly appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Melissa, this is a cool project. Love the colores.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Teresa. I started to use the Skylark paper packet but it wasn't working with the Chevron pattern that I had elected to use on the Lagoon cardstock.

      Delete

Thanks for showing me some blog love with your comments!