Friday, October 31, 2014

It's the Little Things - SOTM Blog Hop

If you are coming from Nikka's Blog you are on the right track!  There are over 60 Close To My Heart Consultants showcasing this CUTE stamp set called, "It's the Little Things".  If you were to get lost along the way you can find a complete listing of participants by clicking here.
I have been creating with this stamp set for a few weeks so needed something "different" to showcase during this blog hop.  I decided to check out my other stash and decided to implement the "Treasures of the Heart" envelope included in the "My Crush Besties Assortment" as shown below.
I used a white card base and a black matte for the card front.  Using Canary, Pixie and Sweet Leaf inks, I stamped and fussy-cut several images from the stamp set.  
The card was not complete without some Clear Sparkles as the flower centers.  3-D Foam Tape added additional dimension to the card and the White Ink Pad was used to stamp the sentiment.  (Be sure to let it dry completely and you can speed up the process by heat setting it with a heating tool.)
Be sure to let me know what you think of my creation and then head on over to Regina's Blog to see what she has up her sleeve!  Thanks for stopping by!

Happy hoppin'!

18 comments:

  1. Love this. The black background is amazing, just makes everything pop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate you saying so, Michelle! Black has become one of my favorite colors.

      Delete
  2. You are a master of the fussy cut! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Regina. Believe it or not, I love to fussy cut but am glad I don't always have to. Lol

      Delete
  3. What a great way to use the assortment! Very creative, and very cool looking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Morgan! I was impressed with myself. LOL

      Delete
  4. Love the way you clustered the flowers and how they pop on the black background.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathy, thank you. I love the fun of clustering with this stamp set.

      Delete
  5. Great idea and use of the assortment. Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the pop of color on the black background. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww! This is just adorable! Love the mini envelope and the pop of color against a black background!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The black works so well to bring out the colours and design! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That black background really makes the flowers pop!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You all are too kind. I appreciate the compliments and it sounds like the black background was a good selection. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card! I love how you used the envelope from the My Crush collection

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for showing me some blog love with your comments!