Thursday, March 11, 2010

I love to cheer!

Most of my friends know cheerleading is one of my other passions (besides scrapbooking, that is).  I have cheered as long as I could walk and talk, growing up with my dad as a high school teacher and Basketball Coach.  My sister and I were the cheerleading "groupies" growing up, having our own homemade uniforms (made by my Mom) and cheering on the sidelines. 

I began my "official" cheerleading career in 8th grade, cheered through high school (we were State Champions my Senior year), and then for three years in college.  I was even a Cheer Camp Instructor for several summers, traveling throughout New Mexico.  I then became an Assistant Coach at my alma mater, Silver High School, my Senior year in college and then became the Head Coach there (where we were also State Champions).  Since then I have coached at a couple of schools in Florida, North Carolina, and this year, in Kansas. 

Last year I took over the Junior Varsity Cheerleaders at WRHS after they experienced a frustrating situation after tryouts.  While I went in solely trying to provide a positive cheerleading experience for them, I walked away with many fond memories.  All in all, it was a smooth experience with lots of fun and laughter!  I enjoyed being around these girls, meeting at The Grille before home games, and sharing in some good times at fundraising events and our end-of-the-season sleepover.  I hope it's not the last time I see these girls and thankfully, I do keep in touch with several of them.  I am proud of my commemoration of our fun times together and hope they had as much fun as I did!  Enjoy the layouts and be sure to check out my stinkin' cute, paper-pieced cheerleader at the bottom of this entry!

 
 
 I used the Paper Dolls Cricut cartridge, borrow from Sharron H. at my team retreat, to create this darling little cheerleader!  I was so proud of how she turned out and received many compliments about her.

1 comment:

Thanks for showing me some blog love with your comments!