Saturday, June 26, 2010

Missing my family reunion

My maternal grandmother's family reunion (Jimenez Family Reunion) is being held this weekend in Silver City, NM and I am sad that I was not able to be there to join in the festivities.  It was the best decision but I KNOW there is tons of partying going on and I am missing it!  Corey and I haven't been to the reunion in many years and we always have a good time.  It would have been great seeing relatives I have not seen in quite some time but instead...I will spend the weekend scrapbooking and being around friends.  :0)

As a tribute to the family, I thought I would share this picture of my Dad and I with my Mom's first cousin, Jo Ann.  (She was a bridesmaid in my parent's wedding, almost 40 years ago...)  She lives outside of Wichita and Corey and I were blessed to have shared some fun times with her this past year when we lived in Kansas. 

These photos were taken the day before we left Hutchinson when we met Jo Ann for one last sha bang (at least for now)!  She and her crazy family are always good fun at the reunion and I will miss seeing them there!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for showing me some blog love with your comments!