Tuesday, August 31, 2010

September Stamp of the Month Blog Hop

Welcome to our September Stamp of the Month (SOTM) Blog Hop! We are featuring "Thriller", a set of 9 stamps.


If you have come here from Katherine's Blog, you are on the right path! My blog marks then end of the "hop" but if this is your first stop, you may want to go back to Helen's Blog and start from the beginning! This month we have 69 Close To My Heart Consultants sharing their creations using this month's SOTM and other great CTMH products on their blogs.

Here is my creation!

I am carrying on the tradition of using chalks again this month... I LOVE using this technique especially for Halloween-themed items and I think it fit perfectly with this stamp set!

To get this effect I took a piece of Black cardstock.  Using a cotton ball, I placed various colors of coordinating chalk (3 colors are suggested) on the cardstock in a circular motion.  Then, I inked up the image with the Versamark ink pad and stamped the image on the cardstock.  When removing the image, the stamp design is seen through the chalk and this is the resulting factor!  This technique can be used on darker colors of cardstock but I have found that it works best on Black.  Give it a try and share what you come up with! 

Products Used: X7129B Hooligans Level 2 Paper Packet, Z903 Summer Soft Chalks, Z891 Versamark ink pad, Z1101 Black Grosgrain Ribbon, Z1218 Basic Brad Assortment.

Be sure to visit all the Consultants at their Blogs to get some great crafting ideas and other fun ideas!  Click here to start the blog from the beginning by visiting Helen's Blog!  Remember, the September SOTM is only available until September 30, 2010. Contact me (or click here) to see how you can get this stamp set at a discount or even free!

To view other projects that have been made using this Stamp of the Month please click here. Happy hopping!

10 comments:

  1. OMW!!!! I love that and am definitely going to try that technique!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am excited to try this technique. Your card turned out totally awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the chalking technique! Very good effect which goes with the stamps perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it and the chalking technique is one I am going to try:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this technique. Do you spray it with something to keep the chalk from coming off?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I appreciate everyone's positive comments! This technique is super easy to do and wows people everytime!

    Krista - I don't spray the chalk with anything and it tends to stay just fine. I have been touching and carrying that card for a couple of weeks and it still looks like it did when I created it!

    Happy chalking! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow - looks like it's holographic. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cool technique! I can't wait to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I need to try this technique! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card! Love the chalk technique!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for showing me some blog love with your comments!