Monday, July 11, 2011

Gift card holder

I cannot believe I leave for Close To My Heart's 2011 Convention tomorrow morning!  I can't wait!  Every year it's a fabulous experience and I don't doubt that the same will be the case this year!

I have been working on some goodies for team members and roomies and will start releasing their photos during the week - after they are given to their recipients.  I don't want to spoil their surprise!  

When I went to the Great American Scrapbooking Convention in June, with some team members/friends, I purchased a pattern for this cute, sliding card holder.  I just couldn't pass it up and love how it works!  It's a gift for someone at Convention but I'm not revealing for who just yet!  
I used our Irresistable Dimensional Elements for the cover to coordinate with the Sophia paper pack.  I sponged the flower elements in Hollyhock, Blush and Pear.  I couldn't resist adding bling (Bitty Clear Sparkles) to the center of the flower.

There is a little slider opening on the small strip of paper that you see the gift card attached to.  It is held in place, to the back of the card, with a bigger brad - what allows it to slide in and out.  A ribbon provides a great "pull" for the surprise.

Give me some time and I will share detail on how you can create one of these holders from scratch.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness - it's so cute! What a fun idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! Can't wait to see the directions. Have a wonderful time at convention. Wish I was going!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for showing me some blog love with your comments!