Saturday, March 22, 2014

Present Box

One of the fun things I enjoy about hosting/attending retreats are the fun gift exchanges.  I had a gift to give my secret sister which needed a fun package.  I have made boxes before but sought out to search for a new pattern and this is what I found.  Isn't it cute?!
It opens up as shown below so I made the "strap" and bow detachable where it would just slide off and could be replaced easily.  The Present Box tutorial can be found here.  
I have made paper bows before, but it has been awhile, so as I searched online for a tutorial, I found one that was a little different.  I decided to give it a try and liked the result.  This bow is a little more full than the the ones I have made before.  You can find the Bow tutorial here.
Packaging a gift in a fun and attractive way adds more value to the gift.  Gotta love when you can make it out of supplies you currently own.  Give these patterns a try and let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for showing me some blog love with your comments!