Monday, June 15, 2015

CTMH Technique Blog Hop - Call for Backup

If you are coming from Debi's Blog you are on the right track.  In fact, she happens to be the start of this hop so if you get lost and need to see a list of the bloggers, that is where you will find them.

This month we are highlighting the "Call for Back-Up" Technique found on page 80 of the Annual Inspirations Idea Book.  This technique allows for a lot of creativity because you can use one of our punches or our Cricut cartridges to get this "back-up" look.  I am sure you will find some fun twists on this technique so be sure to keep hopping.

I love how this card turned out and was so proud of myself.  I have been saying that a lot lately on my posts but it is only because it means that I feel I am stepping outside of my comfort zone and being successful.  I hope you agree.  :)
Using the Artfully Sent Cricut cartridge, I cut the enjoy pocket card that measures 3" x 4".  That was the basis for the card and I just started building around it.  I used Sunset Paper Fundamentals for the card front, added some black cardstock behind the sentiment and as a strip, including some Black Shimmer Trim.  I stamped the sentiment and floral image from the stamp set that is included with the Blossom Card Workshop on the Go and added on a Clear Sparkle.
Thank you for stopping by and please consider leaving a comment before moving onto Sheila's Blog to check out her fun creation!

Happy hoppin'!



8 comments:

  1. Love the colors!! Your card is fabulous with pocket card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very striking! I love all the layers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card. I will certainly be using my Cricut more. You make it look so easy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I smile when I read your message, Darlys, as I love using the Cricut - and am getting used to Artfully Sent more - because it does make things so easy. Thank you for your sweet comment.

      Delete

Thanks for showing me some blog love with your comments!