Monday, July 6, 2015

H2H Challenge: Life is a Picnic

No better way to celebrate July than celebrating "life"!  I love the title of this week's challenge at Heart to Heart Challenges and have definitely put a little spin on my artwork.  While these photos do not reflect an actual picnic, they do contain photos of things that make me happy and allow me to enjoy life on a daily basis...the reason I consider my "life is a picnic"!

These photos were scrapbooked in Close To My Heart's In The Pink My Crush product line (these items are only available while supplies last).  It contains 7" x 10" pages and I selected photos from the Great American Scrapbook Convention I attended with some fabulous ladies in Arlington, TX a couple of weeks ago.
On this left-hand page, I only included the photos with White Daisy mattes, some stickers included with the Assortment to note the year, and three Gold Sequins.  The Washi Tape you see on the left...yep, part of the page pattern, as are the flourishes.
I added a little bit more to this right page, including the "Ice-Cold Summer" stamp set images seen in the bottom right.  The stamp set is so fun; I love being able to piece together the lemonade glass with all the extras.  I cut out the envelope from the Artfully Sent cartridge at 2 1/4".  I did cut off the flap of the envelope because I did not want it to extend into the photo.  I added the Gold Polka Dot Washi Tape as a tab to the journaling card, also from the Assortment.  (I did journal on the backside of the card.)  The ladies' names were added on small strips of Cotton Candy cardstock and then dovetailed.  Three Gold Sequins finished off this page.  Oh!  And the tag where the sentiment and lemonade glass is on...another printed piece in this gorgeous book!
Here is where you can see the details of the embellishments on this page.
Check out the other artwork provided by the Design Team Members and those who have participated in the challenge by clicking HERE!  Thanks for stopping by and I would love for you to leave of a comment. 

Life IS a Picnic,


7 comments:

  1. Look at you...using your Crush Album for some AWESOME memories!!! Love the little envelope and the stamped/sequin corner at the bottom right!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't you proud of me?! Lol I am now in the My Crush groove and can't wait to see what's in store for that product line! Thanks, as always, Katy!

      Delete
  2. In the Pink was my favorite Crush Album, I think you nailed it with this one! Can I just say I love your penmanship, its really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww...humbled by your comments, Angela! Thank you so much!

      Delete
  3. Great crush layout! I LOVE the lemonade glass and the scattered sequins are a great finishing touch!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for showing me some blog love with your comments!