Wednesday, November 15, 2017

CTMH Technique Blog Hop - Thin Cuts Craze

Welcome to our Technique Blog Hop where we are featuring artwork aligned with the theme, "Thin Cuts Craze". We are focused on incorporating Close To My Heart's Thin Cuts which are metal dies that can be used with a Cuttlebug or other diecut machines. (They come packaged on their own magnetic sheet.) We have quite a variety of Thin Cuts to choose from. You can find them all by clicking HERE

If you are coming from Annemarie's Blog, you are on the right track. Be sure to continue to follow the links on each blog, so you can see a variety of creations made using Thin Cuts. You can find a complete list of participants at the bottom of this post. 
I used the Silver & Gold Cardmaking Stamp Set and Thin Cuts to create my card. I love the festive ornaments and sentiments. I hope you do too!
I tend to enjoy creating Christmas cards with non-traditional colors and here is another one of those instances. Inks used: Blossom (pink), Lagoon (blue) and Willow (green)

The three ornaments were cut using the Thin Cuts and then adhered directly to the background or applied with 3-D with Thin Foam Tape. A few Black Dots were added. 
And, while challenging to photograph, I added the Clear Shimmer Brush to the ornaments. It provides a little sparkle to them, adding a finishing touch. I love the Shimmer Brush. It is easy to work with and dries quickly.

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog. Be sure to continue checking out the other artwork items, leaving me a comment - if you'd like - before you do. I always enjoy hearing from you!

Head on over to Darlys Recker's Blog.

Enjoy the rest of your week!







List of Participants:
1. Melissa Robinson *YOU ARE HERE*
2. Darlys Recker
3. Debi McBain
4. Sarah Devendorf
5. Cat Nowak
6. Annemarie Julian

2 comments:

  1. Great card. Love the "little" touches - silver topper for the ornament, the dotted stamp that looked like washi tape and especially your "doddle" lines creating a "frame"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great card. I may have to borrow it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for showing me some blog love with your comments!