Thursday, April 12, 2018

In Any CASE...with Melinda & Melissa

Welcome to our first April episode of "In Any CASE..."!
Join us twice a month as we CASE, “Copy And Selectively Edit”, artwork created by the Art Department of Close To My Heart as showcased in the current Idea Books and our Make It From Your Heart How-To Books.

On the 2nd and 4th Thursday of each month, at 7 pm CST, we will direct you towards a piece of art and recreate it using the exact products or others that compliment its initial design. Tips, techniques and assembly directions will be shared in detail to help you recreate them on your own.

As you reproduce the items we have shared, post them on social media using the hashtag #ctmhinanycase. We will randomly search that hashtag and reward those who CASE our items. Winners will be announced on our blogs so be sure to follow us!

********************************************************
Today I am highlighting this adorable card using the Gimme Some Sugar product line. It was CASEd from page 43 of the Seasonal Expressions 1 Idea Book (which retires April 30, 2018 as does most of the product within it). You can view a digital copy through the link provided or contact me for a hard copy. You also get one FREE with any order placed through my website, through the end of the month. 
Before I get into the details of my creation, I want to remind you to continue reading through this post where you will see what my partner in CASEing, Melinda, is showcasing on her blog. Her scrapbook page is AMAZING and you'll want to head there next, I promise! 

The image above is what was designed from Close To My Heart...
This is my design. What do you think? Did I pass? :)

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE all the different elements incorporated into this card. Allow me share a few points about them (with images shared below): 
  • The "kraft" die-cuts - scallop border, rolling pin and white-striped border - are all from the Complements (shown below) and are not self-adhesive. 
  • The mixing bowl is a sticker from the Complements. (I have made it 3-D by this process shared in a video, using baby powder.)
  • The hearts are adhesive-backed, cork images (which come with hearts and flowers in several designs).
  • The measuring cup is from the stamp set (shown above) which has FUN images and coordinating, metal die cuts. Look at the puns that go perfectly with the kitchen images! 

Check out some of the details of the card through this photo, including my use of the Bashful Shimmer Brush Pen (A FAVORITE) on the small tag!
The Bashful Shimmer Brush Pen is ONLY AVAILABLE WHILE SUPPLIES LAST, and only through the end of the month (if it lasts that long)!
I have taken a few minutes to share, in this video, how the faux-stitching look was achieved as well as how I applied the shimmer (which doesn't photograph nor video well but looks GREAT in person).
These are the dimensions I used on my (re) creation. It's a super simple sketch but has so much potential.
And now...check out THIS beautiful scrapbook page Melinda is sharing with you on her blog. You'll learn how she duplicated this page to make it her own, seeing why CASEing is totally worth considering, especially when there is plenty of artwork in our Idea Books!

Don't forget, show us you are following "In Any CASE..." by sharing something that was inspired by what we do AND be sure to tag #ctmhinanycase. We are always checking out social media to see what you have created and are ready to award some prizes!

Until the next episode on April 26th...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for showing me some blog love with your comments!