Thursday, November 8, 2018

In Any CASE...with Melinda & Melissa


Join us twice a month as we CASE, “Copy And Selectively Edit”, artwork created by the Art Department of Close To My Heart as showcased in the current Idea Books and our Make It From Your Heart How-To Books.

On the 2nd and 4th Thursday of each month, at 7 pm CST, we will direct you towards a piece of art and recreate it using the exact products or others that compliment its initial design. Tips, techniques and assembly directions will be shared in detail to help you recreate them on your own.

As you reproduce the items we have shared, post them on social media using the hashtag #ctmhinanycase. We will randomly search that hashtag and reward those who CASE our items. Winners will be announced on our blogs so be sure to follow us!

*************************************************


I have been eyeing this card and finally took the plunge to create it and I'm so glad I did! It's quick and simple to put together but has great visual appeal! Better yet, it takes small pieces of paper so you can easily use your scraps!

Here is the sketch that provides the dimension of the paper pieces, for easy recreation.


I used just the Fern ink pad - first and second generation - to get the two hues of green. Saffron is the yellow color used.

For the butterfly, I stamped it, in Archival Black ink, on White Daisy cardstock. Then, I colored it with one shade of orange from our Watercolor Pencils. To blend the pencil coloring, I used the Clear Shimmer Brush Pen.


I tried to reflect that shimmer in the photo. I love the subtle but added touch it provides.

This is a video that shows you, in quick-time, how I created this card. ENJOY!


This is the wonderful stamp set, Grateful Heart - Cardmaking, I used. I love it. It is one of my favorites and truly could be used for many greeting cards.


Go check out this cute card Melinda has created to share with you this week! She is my partner in CASEing and there is no doubt you'll love what she has to tell you!

Thanks so much for stopping by! Be sure to tag your CASEd artwork with #ctmhinanycase. We search social media to see if you are joining the fun, plus, we have prizes to give!

Enjoy the end to your week!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for showing me some blog love with your comments!