Monday, November 12, 2018

Spotlight On - Heart 2 Heart Challenge

Welcome to this week's Challenge, on the Heart 2 Heart Blog, where the theme is "Spotlight On".


Spotlight is a technique, and you can find it just by searching online, OR you can be creative and interpret it however you would like. When you do so, be sure to link up to the Challenge so we can see what fun creations you have to share. To participate in our challenge, please incorporate Close To My Heart products in your artwork.

This is my version of "spotlight":


I used the Bunches of Love stamp set and inked it with Archival Black, allowing me to add watercolor pencils and a Clear Shimmer Brush to color in the images. You will notice I stamped it on a sheet of White Daisy cardstock that was then layered on the Black cardstock. THAT allowed me to incorporate the technique. Keep reading...
To create the spotlighted area, I used a Circle Thin Cut to cut out the big floral image. Then, I used the Stitched Thin Cut to cut a slightly larger circle out of Pansy cardstock.


I adhered them to the card front, aligned with the image, by 3Ding the big flower. To add a bit of accent to the card, I used Liquid Glass on the center of the flower, added some Gold Glitter Gems and ribbon.

This was the first time I tried this technique and I really like it. Participating in this challenge was a great excuse to give it a shot. Why don't you do the same?!

I look forward to seeing your artwork on Heart 2 Heart! Wishing you a GREAT week!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for showing me some blog love with your comments!