Thursday, February 14, 2019

In Any CASE...with Melinda & Melissa


Join us twice a month as we CASE, “Copy And Selectively Edit”, artwork created by the Art Department of Close To My Heart as showcased in the current Idea Books and our Make It From Your Heart How-To Books.

On the 2nd and 4th Thursday of each month, at 7 pm CST, we will direct you towards a piece of art and recreate it using the exact products or others that compliment its initial design. Tips, techniques and assembly directions will be shared in detail to help you recreate them on your own.

As you reproduce the items we have shared, post them on social media using the hashtag #ctmhinanycase. We will randomly search that hashtag and reward those who CASE our items. Winners will be announced on our blogs so be sure to follow us!

*************************************************

We are CASEing some super cute Close To My Heart artwork today, if I do say so myself.


This is the card I will be highlighting and my partner in CASEing, Melinda Everitt, is doing so for the card shown towards the bottom of this post. You'll want to be sure you follow the link to her blog to find out more! 


I was super excited to do a process video as I created this card until... I stamped the "celebrate" and it didn't stamp correctly. "No problem," I said to myself. "I can see through the stamp image and I'll restamp it." That was a great plan until I realized I had stopped videoing, never restarted it and continued creating the card. LOL Oh well! It was a good thought and at least the card turned out great! LOL

What I noticed about this card, after I created it, is that it was super easy to assemble and is CUTE! I love the design on the card with it being layered onto another piece of white cardstock, just setting it off slightly from the card base. 

The main Clover patterned paper, where "celebrate" is stamped, is from the "Something Fierce" paper packet as is the striped piece. The other polka dot paper comes from "So Much Happy". 

The "Years of Sweetness" stamp set is what was used for the cupcake and candle. While this set coordinates with the Cricut, I did choose to fussy cut the images since I didn't have my Cricut for use. Ink colors used were: Carolina, Peach, Smoothie, Clover, Saffron, Canary and Black.


Melinda will be creating the card in the middle of this image, with a little twist. You definitely want to head on over to Melinda's Blog to see what she created. 

Be sure to CASE CTMH artwork with us to join the FUN and to be eligible for prizes! That's right, we search social media for the hashtag #ctmhinanycase to see what you are creating and sharing. Contact either of us with your questions.

We look forward to seeing you again, in two weeks, for the next episode of "In Any CASE..." Make it a great weekend! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for showing me some blog love with your comments!