Monday, September 30, 2019

Color of the Year: Julep - Heart 2 Heart Challenge

It's almost perfect that I am sharing this card the day after "National Coffee Day". Are you a coffee drinker? Daily? Several cups?

The theme of this week's Heart 2 Heart Challenge, which is also the first for October, is focused on our color of the year, Julep. It's the beautiful light green color you see used generously on the card. Close To My Heart offers a variety of products that coordinate. You'll have to check them out!


Wanting to use the bold and diagonal striped paper from the Mix-Ins paper packet, I was excited when I was able to incorporate it here. A little sparkle, using the Julep Glitter Paper, was perfect for the frame around the window as well as the heart confetti made from the Shaker Window & Confetti Thin Cuts set. 
This continues to be my favorite go-to stamp set right now. I LOVE that it has coordinating Thin Cuts for the cup and lid. It's called "Perk Up". (The Thin Cuts are currently on backorder but will be back in stock soon. You can get the stamp set separately, if you choose.)

I remember enjoying a cup of coffee with my Grandma Rita when I was young. I think I enjoyed it because it's what she would enjoy, with my Grandpa, during breakfast. I knew it wasn't something I could expect daily so it was a fun treat to enjoy when I was with her. (For awhile it was a little "secret" from my Mom, or so I thought.)

I didn't drink coffee as I grew into adulthood, until I started attending scrapbook retreats. My friend Cindy would have her cup of coffee each morning, with some delicious creamer, and I began to do the same. It's funny because I very seldom finish a cup of coffee nor is it something I need on a regular basis, but do enjoy. In fact, caffeine has no effect on me so that's definitely not a reason for me to drink it. I do enjoy the smell, but frankly, I prefer a little bit more chocolate and caramel, to take away from the coffee taste. LOL

Consider participating in the artwork challenges at Heart 2 Heart! We love seeing your creations as you incorporate CTMH product in your art.


Make today a great day!


1 comment:

  1. Loving how you used a portion of the cup in the shaker. Genius. Thank you for sharing your talent with us at Heart2Heart. ☕Miss.Carrie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for showing me some blog love with your comments!