Monday, August 17, 2020

"Walk on the Wild Side" Heart 2 Heart Challenge

This week at Heart 2 Heart we are being issued a challenge to create artwork aligned with the theme, "Walk on the Wild Side". You can interpret that as you choose just be sure to incorporate Close To My Heart products in your creation and then link up to the Challenge on the Blog


For the greeting card I created, I knew "Timber" was screaming my name in consideration of this theme. It's perfect for all things outdoor, with a great variety of patterned papers, stamp sets and embellishments. 


However, I could not help but incorporate this fish stamp image that actually comes from our summer/beach-themed stamp set associated with our "Summer Vibes" collection. I love that our products work so well with others to create a piece of artwork with your preferred theme and colors.


I had fun incorporating a few techniques:
  • Paper tearing - Our cardstock has a white core which lends itself perfectly to this technique. I love using it for rustic/outdoorsy types of themes as well as for sand and beach waves. 
  • Sponging - Feeling the White Daisy cardstock needed to sit off a bit from the Ruby piece of cardstock, I decided to add a little bit of distressing using Sapphire ink and a Sponge Dauber. 
  • Liquid Glass - While not easy to see in this photo, without enlarging it, I added Liquid Glass to the bubbles and fish scales. It provides a clear, epoxy-like coat that makes it shiny...and better. 
I enjoyed making this more masculine-themed card and I hope you like it!

Be sure to link up to us on the Heart 2 Heart Challenge. We would love to see what you make!


1 comment:

Thanks for showing me some blog love with your comments!