Monday, April 19, 2021

"Old & New" Challenge from Heart 2 Heart

Welcome to this week's Heart to Heart Challenge, titled "Old & New". You can interpret it to your liking as long as you are sure to incorporate at least one product from Close To My Heart

Once you create your artwork, link up to the bottom of the related post on Heart 2 Heart. We host two Challenges a month and enjoying seeing how you interpret the theme. If you have any questions, please let me know! 


This is the artwork piece I want to share with you today. I purposefully took it at this angle so you can experience a great appreciation for the beautiful rose gold details on this paper. Isn't it gorgeous?! 


You might not recognize this paper which is part of the "New" portion of my card and post. The paper used, that contains the rose gold accents, is contained in one of the National Scrapbook Day workshop kits. (And it's a sneak peek of our May special.) It is part of the "Party Girl Scrapbooking Workshop Kit". I couldn't resist incorporating it into my creation.


The "Old" part of the theme can be referenced in a couple of different ways. In wanting to create a Slimline Card, I decided to pull out one of my retired CTMH How-To Books, "Wishes". It contains designs for 8" x 3" cards and I used it to create this one that measures 8 1/2" x 3 1/2".

Our How-To Books provide design and sketch ideas for both cards and layouts. We have our most recent ones available so be sure to check them out. They are definitely one of my favorite and top-notch products from CTMH! 



I used the Stitched Florals Stamps & Thin Cuts and Sentiments by Melissa Esplin stamp sets. They could actually be considered "old" or "new", dependent upon an individuals point of reference. LOL I'm going to consider them "old" in that I purchased them soon after they were released and that has been quite some time. 


This is an image of the card from a top-view. 


To create the flowers, I incorporated some paper-piecing and added a bit of coloring, from the Tri-Blend Markers, to create additional dimension. Cardstock colors used: Peach, Raspberry, Glacier, and Sapphire.


This angle is intended to show you the dimension of the paper-piecing and the Wood Heart


Look at the rose gold accents on this sheet of Peach. Isn't it as beautiful as well?

I do appreciate you stopping by today and have enjoyed sharing this with you. I can't wait to create more artwork using this BEAUTIFUL and exclusive paper, that will not be around forever! 

Be sure to consider joining the creative fun on the Heart 2 Heart Challenge. I hope to see your creations there!

2 comments:

Thanks for showing me some blog love with your comments!