Monday, June 7, 2021

Heart 2 Heart Challenge: Get Inky!

We're kicking off the June Heart 2 Heart Challenges with the theme of "Get Inky". There are so many ways to consider this theme, especially as you incorporate stamping. Be sure to incorporate at least one Close To My Heart product as you participate in this challenge and link up to it on the Heart 2 Heart Blog


With Father's Day around the corner, and wanting to use a new stamp set, as part of the "No Ordinary Dad" Special, this is the card I designed. 

I did select three colors in which to ink up the sentiment: Bluebird, Clover and Sapphire. I did first ink up the image in Clover and then added Bluebird towards the top and Sapphire towards the bottom. I wanted to create an ombre' effect. While the colors blended quite a bit, I was pleased with the results and then designed other elements around the focal point. 


I did stamp the image, again, in Candy Apple, and cut out the respective hearts, then gluing them on top. Using Sapphire ink, I random-stamped the background, on Bluebird cardstock, for added texture. I couldn't resist adding a little bit of Silver, feeling it was necessary to separate the papers. 


I hope you will consider joining this Challenge, and others, on Heart 2 Heart. If you have questions, feel free to post them below, on the Blog, or you can email me directly. 

Make it a great week and don't forget to create as much as you can!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for showing me some blog love with your comments!