Monday, June 21, 2021

"Let's Hear It For the Boys" Heart 2 Heart Challenge

For this week's June Heart 2 Heart Challenge, the theme is "Let's Hear It For the Boys". I tend to create mostly feminine, cutesy artwork but there's always a need for masculine items so I am thankful for this challenge. With Father's Day taking place yesterday, it was a great way for me to be productive for both occasions. 


My husband loves to fish, although he hasn't done so in quite some time. The moment I saw this image in the "No Ordinary Dad" Special, I immediately thought it would be perfect for him. 

I kept the card simple, using a sketch from our Make It From Your Heart Volume 4 How-To Book. I did slightly adjust it to fit the bigger image and sentiment. 


I did paper-piece the fish, and used Watercolor Pencils, to be able to 3-D it for some added dimension. The colors I included are his favorites. 


These are the stamp sets available from the "No Ordinary Dad" Special. There are three options or you can purchase all of them, at a discounted price. Which is your favorite saying/image?


I invite you to join us for this creative challenge on the Heart 2 Heart Blog. To join the fun, simply link up to us at the bottom of the respective post. We love seeing your creativity! Make it a great week!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for showing me some blog love with your comments!