Thursday, July 12, 2018

In Any CASE...with Melinda & Melissa


Join us twice a month as we CASE, “Copy And Selectively Edit”, artwork created by the Art Department of Close To My Heart as showcased in the current Idea Books and our Make It From Your Heart How-To Books.

On the 2nd and 4th Thursday of each month, at 7 pm CST, we will direct you towards a piece of art and recreate it using the exact products or others that compliment its initial design. Tips, techniques and assembly directions will be shared in detail to help you recreate them on your own.

As you reproduce the items we have shared, post them on social media using the hashtag #ctmhinanycase. We will randomly search that hashtag and reward those who CASE our items. Winners will be announced on our blogs so be sure to follow us!

********************************************************************************

Today I am showcasing this perfect card that was pretty quick and simple to create! I did have to make some adjustments, based on what papers I had available, but that's what CASEing is all about, right?! Copying and Selectively Editing?! That's exactly what I did!
I really found this card super simple to make that I think I will consider making a few more! They are totally fun AND that sentiment... Can you think of some people to whom it applies? I can!

A few things I switched out:

* I used a piece of striped (discontinued) Vellum Paper since it appears I am out of our regular vellum. Sounds like it's time to reorder! When you stamp on Vellum use our Archival Black Ink Pad. It's' the one that will dry completely and your images will never smear.

* I was unable to use the exact Zip Strips used in the original artwork. Just two strips of ANY paper, measuring 1/2" x 4 1/4", are perfect for this card!
This is the stamp set I used which comes with the Thin Cuts - Documented. No fussy-cutting for me! That definitely saved some time!

Details:

  • The vellum measures 2 1/2" x 4 1/4".
  • The bottom Zip Strip is placed 1 1/4" from the bottom of the card. 
  • BEFORE placing the other "strip" (of cardstock), glue down the vellum paper flush to the grey piece so it helps hold it in place. Doing so allows a 1 1/4" margin at the top. 
These are what the images looked like just after using the Thin Cuts and Cuttlebug:

This was after I "roughly" applied some color with Watercolor Pencils (we have new ones coming out September 1st!):

And the finished flowers...after applying some color with the Waterbrush Pen:
Aren't they fun?! And I didn't have to be "artsy" to generate this look! Gotta love that!

It's time for you to head over to Melinda's Blog where she is showcasing the bookmarks shown in this image!

We appreciate you tuning in each week and look forward to seeing you again on the 26th! We love to read your comments AND better yet, we give away prizes when you follow our CASEing and tag us on your social media sites - #ctmhinanycase! Let us know when you create something fun!

Have an awesome day!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for showing me some blog love with your comments!