Thursday, September 27, 2018

In Any CASE...with Melinda & Melissa

Join us twice a month as we CASE, “Copy And Selectively Edit”, artwork created by the Art Department of Close To My Heart as showcased in the current Idea Books and our Make It From Your Heart How-To Books.

On the 2nd and 4th Thursday of each month, at 7 pm CST, we will direct you towards a piece of art and recreate it using the exact products or others that compliment its initial design. Tips, techniques and assembly directions will be shared in detail to help you recreate them on your own.

As you reproduce the items we have shared, post them on social media using the hashtag #ctmhinanycase. We will randomly search that hashtag and reward those who CASE our items. Winners will be announced on our blogs so be sure to follow us!

*************************************************


Today I am CASEing this beautiful card from page 45 of the Holiday Expressions Idea Book. Don't have a hard copy? You can view a digital copy online or you can get one FREE with an order! Contact me with questions. 


Do you see the stitching?! Yes I did include it and love how it turned out! Did I use a sewing machine? Nope, I sure didn’t! I used our Stitch Guide – IN THE CLEARANCE SECTION, while supplies last – and a PiercingTool to make the holes in the cardstock. Then I took a needle and some of our Silver Embellishing Thread to stitch through them as shown. Pretty fun, right?!


To add some texture to that top gray strip, I stamped the arrow image repeatedly in Charcoal ink from the related stamp set shown here. The butterfly image came from the stickers included with the Grateful Heart Complements. While I don’t have the new Cork Images just yet, I included some hearts that are from a retired package (and also available in the Clearance Section). 


As you can see, on the original artwork, there is a little bit of color behind the sentiment. They used the Mint Shimmer Brush to add it. I don’t own that color yet but it’s on my next order! I chose, at this time, to use the Watercolor Paints to add the splash of color. 

I love the simplicity of this card design which allows you to use scraps of paper, besides the main patterned piece in the background. I can see great potential for it!

My partner in CASEing, Melinda, is taking this week off but will back with us next week! You are always welcome to check out the artwork she shares on her blog.

When you CASE artwork from us or CTMH, please be sure to tag it with #ctmhinanycase, on social media. We would love to send you a goodie for doing so! 

Wishing you a great end to your work week! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for showing me some blog love with your comments!