Thursday, October 25, 2018

In Any CASE...with Melinda & Melissa

Thank you for joining us this week for...



Join us twice a month as we CASE, “Copy And Selectively Edit”, artwork created by the Art Department of Close To My Heart as showcased in the current Idea Books and our Make It From Your Heart How-To Books.

On the 2nd and 4th Thursday of each month, at 7 pm CST, we will direct you towards a piece of art and recreate it using the exact products or others that compliment its initial design. Tips, techniques and assembly directions will be shared in detail to help you recreate them on your own.

As you reproduce the items we have shared, post them on social media using the hashtag #ctmhinanycase. We will randomly search that hashtag and reward those who CASE our items. Winners will be announced on our blogs so be sure to follow us!

*************************************************


I decided to recreate this adorable shaker card that features the CA-UTE stamp set, Hedge-Hugs.
I mean, serious?! Isn't this stamp set adorable?! Now that I have it, I am totally looking forward to creating some other items with it. Do you love it too? You can find it on my website by clicking on this link.


To create any Shaker Card, the Thin Cuts - Shaker Window & Confetti are an ABSOLUTE MUST! You can create shaker cards using your choice of colors, themes, etc. and these make that super easy to achieve! 

These are the pieces and parts (above) I cut to create the card. You'll see how they are incorporated below and...YES! I totally did make my own confetti out of Sugarplum Glitter Paper! FUN stuff, huh?! 


For the main base of the card, I used this polka dot patterned paper from the Seasons Mix-in paper packet. I put the big circle, cut out of White Daisy, as the bottom piece for the shaker card elements. Then, I built the rest on top of it. 


I combined the Loose Silver Sequins with the Thin Cut punched confetti. The stitched circle, that finishes off the shaker piece was cut in Sage cardstock. 

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I am starting to have an attraction to the Silver Embellishing Thread. LOL When I first tried it, I wasn't quite sure how to work with it but have been given some tips to assist me:
  • Wind it around two of your fingers, approximately 5 times.
  • Use glue dots to adhere it to and to secure it to your artwork. 
If you haven't tried it yet, give it a try. I think you will like it just as much as I do. As you can see, I have been adding it to my projects when they need "just a bit more". 



My partner in CASEing, Melinda Everitt, is showcasing THIS creation on her blog so be sure to head that direction by following this link. I guess we are both lovin' the Shaker Cards based on what cards we selected this week!

Thanks so much for stopping by! Happy creating!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for showing me some blog love with your comments!