Wednesday, January 1, 2020

"Everyday Magic" January 2020 Stamp of the Month Blog Hop


Happy 2020, papercrafters! I hope you are enjoying the first day of this new year and decade. It feels like just yesterday we were welcoming in the year 2000, don't you think?!

The first Blog Hop of the year can't get any better than welcoming in NEW products and a magical Stamp of the Month! If you are coming from Wendy's Blog, you on the right track. You can find a complete list of participants by clicking here


This is the front cover of the NEW Idea Book (just released today!). As expected, it is full of brand new products and artwork that will make for a long wish list. I know, as I speak from experience. LOL

You can view the digital version by clicking on this link but more importantly, you'll receive your own hard copy when you place an order of any amount. Our Idea Books serve as great inspiration, the reason for their title, so you'll want to be sure you get one in your hands. 


In focusing on the purpose of this post, check out this awesome Stamp of the Month called "Everyday Magic". With six inspirational quotes, perfect for a new year, and additional images that create for happy, you'll find it a great value at just $5. That's right! That's the price you pay when you place an order of $50. (It's valued at $18.95.) You can click here to read all about our Stamp of the Month Special. Be sure to add it to your order this month. 


I love, love, love how this card turned out. The pattern is copied from an awesome and handmade Christmas card I received from one of my customers, Pam T. I loved her card when I received it and thought it would be perfect to recreate so decided to give it a try for today's artwork. I hope you love it as much as I do. 

For the technique used on the focal point, I white embossed the sentiment. Then, using Sponge Daubers and the ink colors of Raspberry, Lemon, Nectarine, and Mint, I applied the color. This technique is called "Resist Embossing" and is one I haven't done in a while. (I just remembered, I should have taken a tissue and wiped the access color off the embossed image so the white was a little more bright. I'll do that later.)  


I included this image so you could see how the card opens up. The base measures 4 1/4" x 8 1/2" so the finished card can fit inside a standard-size envelope. (I will be sharing more specifics, about the card design, in my VIP Group.)


Here is what it looks like open. I chose to include a couple of stamped images inside, where the greeting will go. I have fallen in love with this card design and will be making more of these.

Thank you for stopping by on what I hope is a relaxing day for you. Now, head to Melinda's Blog to see what creative artwork she has to share with you. We enjoy you viewing our blog hops and always appreciate any blog love left in the way of comments.

Enjoy the rest of your week and make 2020 the best year ever!




10 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Melissa!! Now...I need to go create and to that emboss resist too! :) Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have got to make this card. It is so pretty! I love out of the ordinary cards and this one is gorgeous and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Love LOVE this card! That rainbow sponged background is just so bright and cheerful, who wouldn't be happy looking at that card?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the white embossing with the inking over the sentiment! Great technique with different colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! I love the way you sponged the various colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So PRETTY...almost looks beachy...in fact, let's go to the BEACH, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how you created the front of your card with the resist technique. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't have the words. This is such a pretty card. I love the inking. It turned out beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a pretty, fun card! I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for showing me some blog love with your comments!