Monday, January 6, 2020

"Try Something New" Heart 2 Heart Challenge

Happy New Year from me and all of us at "Heart 2 Heart"! If you are new or unfamiliar with Heart 2 Heart, we host weekly papercrafting challenges, encouraging the use of Close To My Heart products. We love to see what you have been creating and would enjoy having you join in the FUN! To do so, visit the Heart 2 Heart Challenges Blog and then link up your image, through your Blog (or other platform). That will give other papercrafters, like you, an opportunity to enjoy your artwork.

Our first Challenge of the year is titled, "Try Something New". With such a broad theme, it's a great opportunity to use products you have never used before, some newly purchased, or what about a technique you've been wanting to attempt? There truly are no limitations so interpret the title as you choose. Be sure to use at least one Close To My Heart product and if it's unclear what you used, please be sure to state so in your post.


One of my first purchases, from the NEW CTMH Idea Book (released January 1st), was the "You're Not Old" stamp set (pictured below). I couldn't resist the fun lady image and the sentiments...totally crackedup! I had a challenging time deciding which image I was going to use on this card but decided on the one shown. ha It does make me laugh. I just hope the recipient doesn't take it personal. LOL 

I used markers to color in the images and pulled the heart Zip Strip from one of our new paper packs, "Celebrate Today". If you know me well, you'd know it would be one of my faves. Using it as the basis for the card, I pulled in those colors throughout the images. 


Glitter Gems were used and I added pink marker (alcohol-based) on them to have them coordinate. I also couldn't resist adding a little bit of White Twine and Diamond Stickles, on the cake, for some added dimension.

This is the "You're Not Old" stamp set I used. Check out the other fun sentiments. Don't they make you chuckle a bit? I can't wait to make additional birthday cards with it. 


This Heart 2 Heart Challenge lasts throughout the month so consider joining this one and/or others! It's so fun to see what everyone designs; I'd love to see yours! (If you have any questions about the Challenges, feel free to contact me directly. I'd be happy to answer them for you.)

Wishing you a SUPER first full week of January, 2020! Make this a GREAT YEAR!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for showing me some blog love with your comments!