Friday, April 1, 2022

"Message in a Bottle" April Stamp of the Month Blog Hop

 

Welcome to our Blog Hop where we are featuring the April stamp set, "Message in a Bottle". 


This set comes with 21 images, of various sizes, to include different bottle shapes, items to put inside and sentiments. I am excited to see the variety of ways these images were used by our participants. 

If you are coming from Brandi R - crzy4scrapbooking, you are on the right track. You can find a complete list of participants by clicking here


To create this card I used a minimum number of supplies. I took Kraft Paper , tore it and inked the edges with Toffee. To create the ocean scene, I used Capri cardstock and then applied Bluebird ink to it, by splotching it on with a plastic wrapper. It was totally organic and I like how it turned out. 


For the bottle, I stamped it twice - on White Daisy cardstock and Vellum. I stamped the scroll on White Daisy and glued it on top of the white bottle base and then added the vellum on top of them to give this look. A few embellishments and it makes me want to be on the beach. What about you? 

Now, head on over to Melinda's Blog to see what she has created to share with you.

Make it a great month! 

9 comments:

  1. Fabulous card! I love what you did with the background and the vellum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is so pretty! I love how you smooshed Bluebird ink onto Capri cardstock. The organic technique is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, Love, love your card!
    Especially the splotching with plastic wrapper and the vellum.
    Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this!! Thanks for explaining your technique. I totally love your organic splotching of Bluebird over Capri. So effective!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card makes me want to be on a beach with that torn cardstock and that capri cardstock on top!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It turned out absolutely fantastic💗

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the each theme of your card. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. 5 out of 5 stars...I love your creativity...way to show off a $5 SOM set :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for showing me some blog love with your comments!