Friday, October 1, 2010

It's the October Stamp of the Month Blog Hop!

Welcome to the October Stamp of the Month (SOTM) Blog Hop! We are featuring "Share the Magic", a set of 12 stamps.


If you have come here from Wendy's Blog you are on the right path! My blog marks the end of the "hop" but if this is your first stop, you may want to go back to Kathleen's Blog and start from the beginning! This month we have 70 Close To My Heart Consultants sharing their creations using this month's SOTM and other great CTMH products on their blogs.

This month I was inspired to make a couple of items with this stamp set (with more to come).  The first is this Circle Card - made with our NEW Circle Cards - already cut in circles with square envelopes to fit them! 

Using our beautiful Mistletoe paper and a pattern from our Wishes book, I "blinged up" the Christmas tree image from this stamp set using our Opaque Pearl Adhesive Gems and Red Sparkles.  I was able to achieve a "shading" effect when coloring the tree as I outlined it first using the New England Ivy Marker and then colored in the image using the Waterbrush pen and the New England Ivy Ink Pad.  Despite not having much artistic ability, the shading effect is doable with these supplies!  I finished off the card with some Cocoa Grosgrain Ribbon.

Next, I created this candle using the snowman image.  (Check back on Sunday for directions on how to stamp on candles.  I am teaching this technique at my team meeting on Saturday and will share information then.)  Wouldn't these make great gifts?


Be sure to visit all the Consultants at their Blogs to get some great crafting other fun ideas! Click here to start the blog from the beginning by visiting Kathleen's Blog! Remember, the October SOTM is only available until October 31, 2010. Contact me (or click here) to see how you can get this stamp set at a discount or even free!

To view other projects that have been made using this Stamp of the Month please click here. Happy hopping! 

12 comments:

  1. I will definitely check back for directions on how to stamp on candles! LOVE your work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job! I really NEED to do the candle thing. Have been "wanting" to for quite some time now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the card! I used our new colonial white circle cards too and I think we used the same Wishes pattern. :0) The candle is super cute as well. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love both,can't wait for the instructions on the candle stampimg!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for all the positive comments thus far! I appreciate them! The post on the candles is ready to go for tomorrow so watch for it then! This is a SUPER easy technique that's always a big hit so don't be a afraid to give it a try!

    Pamela - you're right! I think we did use the same pattern! Great minds think alike! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the stamped candle! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute, cute, cute! Gotta try candles, really gotta try them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Melissa, Your card turned out adorable but I really love the candle. I can't believe how long it has taken me to get through the hop but it gave me a chance to see everyone's newer posts as well--like your Halloween candles! Great instructions!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for showing me some blog love with your comments!